The letter you received from the Office of State Tax Commissioner will explain why you were contacted and will give you instructions if you need to do anything. If there are no instructions, you don’t need to do anything.
Why Would the Office of State Tax Commissioner Send Me a Letter or Notice?
We send letters for the following reasons:
- You have a balance due.
- We have a question about your tax return.
- We need to verify your identity.
- We need additional information.
- We changed your return.
If the letter you received mentions Collections, see more details about our payment options.
What should I do?
- Read: Your letter contains valuable information, so it’s very important that you read and understand it.
- Respond: Follow the instructions in your letter. If the Office of State Tax Commissioner needs something from you, it will be included in the letter.
- Keep a Copy of Your Notice or Letter: Keep a copy of all notices or letters with your tax records. You may need these documents later.
- Contact Us with Questions: We provide our contact information on the letter. Contact us if you have questions, if we requested additional information, or if you have a balance due. You can also write to us at the address included in the notice or letter.
|Contact Us With Questions||Make a Payment|