Sign Up for ND TAP & Gain Access
To get started with North Dakota Taxpayer Access Point (ND TAP), please follow these steps:
- Apply for and receive an approved Sales and Use/Withholding Tax Account in ND TAP.
- Go to the ND TAP homepage and click on “Sign Up for Access.”
- Create a username and password.
- An authorization code will be mailed or emailed to you depending on the access level you have chosen.
- When you receive your authorization code, you’ll be able to login.
- Add access to your accounts. Access can be granted by a user with Owner Access, or it can be requested by entering specific account information.
Easy to print instructions with screenshots:
Granting Access: A user with Owner Access can grant access to another user by logging in and identifying the Login ID of the user you’d like to grant access to.
Requesting Access: When a user is logged in, you can request access to an account by selecting "Add / Grant Access" and enter the following information about the taxpayer and account:
- Entity Type (Corporation, Sole Proprietor, etc.)
- Identification Number (FEIN or SSN)
- Type of Account (Sales and Use, Local Lodging, or Withholding)
- Account Number
- Letter ID (from a recent letter issued on the account).
- Your TAP authorization code letter is not acceptable.
If you have questions regarding ND TAP, please contact us at 701-328-1257.