Over 480,000 individual income tax returns were filed in North Dakota for tax year 2020. Over 90% were filed electronically! Remember, E-Filing is fast, safe, and easy!
Tax Day 2022
Tax Day for individual income tax filers is April 18, 2022. Emancipation Day is a federal holiday recognized on April 15 this year; the North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner aligns with the IRS's due date of April 18. This includes the first quarter’s Form ND-1ES, which is also due on April 18, 2022.
Current Tax Year - 2021 Forms & Instructions
- Form ND-1 - Individual Income Tax Return - Use this form if you are eligible for the Tax Relief Income Tax Credit.
- Form ND-EZ - Individual Income Tax Return
- Form ND-1PRV - Paper Return Voucher -
- Include with mailed payments on paper returns. Make an electronic payment instead, see Make a Payment.
- Schedule ND-1NR - Non-resident and Part-year Resident Schedule
- Schedule ND-1CR - Credit for Income Tax Paid to Another State
- Schedule ND-1FA - 3-year Averaging Method for Elected Farm Income
- Schedule ND-1SA - Statutory Adjustments
- Schedule ND-1TC - Tax Credits
Additional Individual Income Tax Forms for 2021
- Form ND-1V - Electronic Return Payment Voucher
- Include with mailed payments on electronically filed returns. Make an electronic payment instead, see Make a Payment.
- Schedule ME - Credit for Wages Paid to Mobilized Employee
- Schedule ND-1CS - Calculation of Tax proceeds from Sale of Income Tax Credit
- Form ND-1ES - 2022 Estimated Individual Income Tax
- Form ND-1EXT - 2021 Extension Payment Form
- Schedule ND-1UT - Underpayment of Estimated Individual Income Tax
- Schedule ND-1FC - Family Member Care Credit
- Schedule ND1-PG - Planned Gift Tax Credit
- Schedule ND-1PSC - Nonprofit Private School Tax Credits for Individuals
- Schedule ND-1QEC - Qualified Endowment Fund Tax Credit
This guideline is for individuals who may need to make an Adjustment for Income (Loss) From A Passthrough Entity Subject to N.D.C.C. ch. 57-35.3.